When Nissan first unveiled the 2016 Maxima SR Midnight Edition, people went nuts. As soon as you lay eyes on the stunning sedan in all of its blacked-out glory, it’s easy to see why. The Maxima SR was one of the more frequently selected trim levels for the sedan that was made even more popular by the addition of the exclusive Midnight Edition package. Nissan reports that sales of the Midnight Edition of the 2016 Maxima SR accounted for an impressive 85% of total sales that year. With such high numbers and drivers knocking down Nissan’s door for more, it was only a matter of time before the company expanded the package throughout its lineup.
Six Ways to Get Your Midnight Edition Fix
For everyone who fell in love with how the Midnight Edition package looked on the Maxima SR but wasn’t particularly crazy about the nameplate, I have good news. Last month Nissan announced their plan to expand the Midnight Edition package to several models across its 2017 lineup. Instead of one model capable of receiving this elegantly badass package, now six of the newest Nissan nameplates will be offered with the option to add the Midnight Edition treatment. Perhaps even better news is the fact that the Midnight Edition Package is not cut and dry across the board. Each Nissan model offered with this blacked-out package will get its own unique set of features, so what is considered the Midnight Edition on the Maxima SR will be entirely different from the Midnight Edition package on the Rogue. Check out how the brand has divvied up the goods across its lineup below:
- Sentra SR – Sentra SR and SR Turbo models are candidates for the Midnight Edition trim which includes black mirror caps, black 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, upgraded floor mats, and a black rear spoiler – all for the low price of just $490.
- Altima SR – This $990 package is a jump in price from the Sentra, but it offers much more. Complete with low profiled all season tires, 18-inch black aluminum alloy wheels, a black rear spoiler, black mirror caps, remote engine start, LED headlights and fancy schmancy floormats – this might just be the best Altima to ever roll off the assembly line.
- Maxima SR – The 2017 Nissan Maxima SR offers the optional Midnight Edition kit for an additional $1,195. A rear diffuser, 19-inch black aluminum alloy wheels, upgraded floor mats, and a rear black spoiler are all included.
- Rogue – The best selling Nissan nameplate is finally getting the Midnight Edition treatment. At a cost of just $990, car shoppers will drive away in a unique Rogue complete with 17-inch black wheels, Midnight Edition floor mats, black mirror caps, black roof rails and crossbars, a rear bumper protector, illuminated kick plates, and black splash guards.
- Murano – For an additional $1,195 buyers can add the Midnight Edition to the Platinum trim level of the 2017 Murano. Exclusive jet black 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels are included along with black roof rails, black splash guards, black mirror caps, and sporty floor mats.
- Pathfinder – At the same cost as the Murano’s Midnight Edition treatment, the Pathfinder snags the following extras: 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels, a black spoiler, black splash guards, black mirror caps, illuminated kick plates, enhanced floor mats, and a chrome rear bumper protector.
Yes, it is true – these Nissan models are as badass in person as they sound on paper. The Midnight Edition now offers exclusive exterior paint colors in Gun Metallic, Magnetic Black, Pearl White, and Cayenne Red. However, if you want to stand out in your new 2017 Nissan model with the Midnight Edition package, go for it. There is so much to love, and nothing to hate when it comes to this now-widely available package.