Chevrolet first began production on the compact Cruze model back in 2008, and the success of the small car in only eight years has been tremendous. Today, the Cruze is one of the six cars that comprise the bowtie brand’s lineup, and just so happens to be one of the most popular choices in the entire compact car segment. The Cruze is not only an affordable option to purchase new, but offers even more exceptional savings when bought pre-owned. Because the Chevy Cruze is such a new addition to the brand’s lineup, there are plenty of used Chevy Cruze models to choose from right here in Cincinnati, OH.
The Benefits of Driving a Chevy Cruze
The Chevrolet Cruze was not sold in the United States until the 2011 model year, which means that there are only a few new years of the vehicle currently available to purchase used. Buying a Cruze will not only save you money at the initial point of purchase, but with an average fuel economy of around 40 miles per gallon on the highway, drivers will be saving money for years (and many miles) down the road.
Despite the economy status of this compact, the Cruze was designed to mirror the more discerning taste of buyers in a higher spending bracket. Thanks to the effort put forth by Chevrolet, the Cruze offers exceptional interior features, amenities, and materials, without the high end price tag to go along with it.
The Best Used Cruze
Due to the fact that there are only a small handful of model years available for buying a used Chevy Cruze, it is easy to take a brief look at each one in order to make the best pre-owned buying decision. Explore each of the available pre-owned Cruze model years below, and decide for yourself which one seems to be the perfect fit for your lifestyle and budget.
- 2011 Cruze: This model year marked the beginning of the Cruze in the Chevrolet lineup, and its entrance onto the market was ambitious to say the least. Competing directly with the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla, the Cruze was given exceptional equipment, amenities, and technology that was available for its segment. Check out some of the stand out features below:
- Comes with a standard 1.8-liter I4 engine with a manual transmission for up to 36 miles per gallon on the highway. Buyers were able to upgrade to a 1.4-liter turbo engine that delivered 40 miles per gallon on the highway with the optional ECO trim level.
- Roomy enough to seat five passengers comfortably with plenty of interior head and leg room.
- Bluetooth connectivity, a USB port, OnStar with turn-by-turn navigation, a remote start system, and premium sound were all available on the first Cruze model.
- 2012 Cruze: This version of the Cruze offered the same quality that the introductory model was based on, but upped the ante by adding an additional trim level and new standard equipment.
- Air conditioning, keyless entry, and power windows and locks were all added to the standard features on the base Cruze LS.
- The base 2012 Cruze is powered by the 1.8-liter I4 engine, while the other three trim levels received the 1.4-liter turbocharged variant. Both of these capable engines produce 128 horsepower, but improved fuel economy and enhanced torque are present on the turbocharged option. Drivers were able to choose from either a six-speed manual, or six-speed automatic transmission for the 2012 model.
- This model year of the Cruze is capable of up to 42 miles per gallon on the highway, and comes equipped with award-winning safety features such as StabiliTrak control, OnStar services, and anti-lock braking.
- 2013 Cruze: This model year of the compact sedan did not receive any major updating, but did boast revisions in a few important areas.
- With in-vehicle technology in a constant state of evolution, it should come as no surprise that the Cruze came equipped with more advanced features in 2013. The Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, Pioneer Premium Audio, and more advanced Bluetooth wireless technology were all incorporated into the 2013 Cruze.
- Safety features were also upgraded for this model year, including the addition of rear cross traffic alert, a tire pressure monitoring system, and a new traction control system.
- 2014 Cruze: The 2014 Chevy Cruze was released onto the market with very little changes or updates, with the exception of one very impressive change to the engine options.
- This Cruze model year was the first to give drivers the option to add a 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine. The powerful drivetrain produces 151 horsepower, and can achieve up to 46 miles per gallon on the highway. This engine represents the best horsepower and fuel economy ratings that the Cruze model has offered since its release in 2011.
- 2015 Cruze: The Cruze was a stand out in its segment for the 2015 model year. Chevrolet’s compact sedan ended up earning the title of the Best Family Car in the compact segment by U.S. News – an impressive accolade from an industry authority. Other important changes made to the Cruze for 2015 included:
- More standard features, which included 60/40split rear seats, 16-inch steel wheels, and a six-speaker audio system.
- Additional amenities were also added to other trim level offerings, including up to 18-inch alloy wheels, a 7-inch touchscreen display, voice-control capabilities, power front seats, a rear back up camera, and a nine-speaker premium sound system.
- The same three engines available on the 2014 model also power the 2015 Cruze, which guarantees exceptional fuel economy as well as impressive horsepower for the compact sedan’s size and classification.
The Choice is Yours to Make
The Chevy Cruze is, without a doubt, a great car to purchase used. With only a few years under its belt, buyers are able to get great technological features, regardless of which year they end up purchasing. Be sure to take a closer look at whatever model year of the Cruze appeals most to you, and come down to McCluskey Chevrolet here in Cincinnati and take one for a test drive. We have a great selection of affordable pre-owned Cruze models for you to choose from, so what are you waiting for?