You don’t necessarily need a hardcore off-roader, but you want a vehicle that can handle rough terrain while still remaining fuel-efficient. Oh, and let’s not forget about safety. Sounds like what you need? Then it’s time to visit a Chevy dealer to ask about the new 2023 Chevy Trailblazer. This subcompact SUV is perfect for everyday drives, weekend trips, and even long-distance vacations. Its subcompact design makes it simple to maneuver while still providing plenty of passenger space for single drivers, couples, and small families. It also offers a low price tag and standard safety equipment at no additional cost. Not sold on it yet? Just wait until you hear about this model’s terrain modes and Teen Driver Mode. Let’s take a deeper look at what makes the 2023 Chevy Trailblazer so appealing.
The New Trailblazer
When you need a commuter that can also tackle the mountains, choosing a vehicle can get tricky. One of the Trailblazer‘s greatest features is how it balances fuel efficiency with power and capacity. The 2023 Trailblazer can get up to 31 MPG combined with FWD and 28 MPG combined with AWD, can tow up to 1,000 lbs, and can fit up to 54.4 cu.ft. of cargo. While 1,000 lbs is a low-level tow capacity rating, it’s more than enough to carry kayaks, a small boat, an ATV, and more.
In addition to the Trailblazer’s standard capabilities, the available off-road ACTIV trim is exceptionally good for wilderness travel due to its additional all-terrain features, such as sport terrain tires. This model also includes plenty of standard safety features, including Teen Driver Mode, so that traveling is more enjoyable and less intimidating––especially when young drivers are involved. If you’re looking for a commuter model that has a touch of adventure, this could be the SUV for you. Let’s take a closer look at some of the 2023 Trailblazer’s most appealing features.
The 2023 Trailblazer comes with two different engine options, giving drivers the opportunity to choose between additional fuel efficiency or additional power. The 1.2-liter EcoTec turbocharged I-3 engine is only available in FWD and can get up to 30 MPG combined––29 MPG in the city and 31 MPG on the highway. It also comes with three different drive modes, including Normal, Snow, and Sport. “Normal” Mode is the most fuel-efficient option, “Snow” is great for winter weather driving, and “Sport” lets you access that max 137 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque combo.
The second engine option is the 1.3-liter EcoTec turbocharged I-3 engine. If you stick with the FWD version, you can actually get one MPG more with this larger engine. It gets up to 31 MPG combined, with 29 MPG in the city and a whopping 33 MPG on the highway. However, if you need a bit more “pep,” you can get the AWD version. It gets up to 28 MPG combined, with 26 MPG in the city and 30 MPG on the highway. This larger engine produces 155 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque, giving it better acceleration. Additionally, Snow Mode is replaced with AWD Mode in the AWD configuration.
To access that 1,000 lb towing capacity, you’ll want to make sure to add on the available trailering equipment if your chosen trim doesn’t already include it. Otherwise, you could damage your transmission and will not be able to utilize your full towing capacity. But no matter which engine you choose, you get standard Start/Stop technology to help improve fuel efficiency.
Standard Safety Features
The 2023 Chevy Trailblazer has four available trims, but even the base-level trim includes Chevy Safety Assist as a standard feature. This means that buyers get five driver-assist features at no additional cost. Chevy Safety Assist for the 2023 Trailblazer includes the following features:
- Forward Collision Alert & Automatic Emergency Braking – Sends visual and audible alerts when a front-end collision is possible. It also applies the brakes automatically if the driver can’t brake quickly enough.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – Just like Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking can automatically stop the Trailblazer in its tracks. In this case, the system detects pedestrian traffic in locations such as crosswalks or parking lots. This safety assist feature only works at speeds below 50 mph.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning – Helps to keep you centered in the appropriate lane and will send alerts if you’re drifting into another lane. Don’t worry; when you use your turn signal to change lanes, these safety features won’t intervene.
- Following Distance Indicator – Keep a certain distance between your Trailblazer and the vehicle ahead using Following Distance Indicator. It will keep track of how closely you’re following another vehicle (in seconds) to maintain a safe distance.
- IntelliBeam High Beam Assist – Leaving your brights on is a thing of the past, thanks to High Beam Assist. The 2023 Trailblazer’s headlights will automatically adjust for oncoming traffic. Simply put, you can keep your “high beams” on and depend on High Beam Assist to dim them when needed.
More Safety Technology
In addition to Chevy Safety Assist, the new Trailblazer includes 10 airbags, a rearview camera, and a Rear Seat Reminder regardless of trim. You can upgrade to an HD rearview camera if preferred and can also add the following features:
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Takes Following Distance Indicator a step further by automatically maintaining your desired distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – When you’re backing out of a parking space or similar areas, Rear Cross Traffic Alert can monitor the aisle behind you. It will send an alert when it’s unsafe to back out.
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert – Monitor your blind spots with this powerful technology. It will alert you when switching lanes isn’t safe so that you’re confident with each lane switch. Just make sure to still use your mirrors and turn signal, as speeders may still sneak up on you.
The 2023 Chevy Trailblazer also includes Teen Driver Mode as a standard feature. This is a great feature to have for upcoming and new drivers. Guardians can set limits to audio volume and speed while tracking the vehicle’s location and even setting a curfew for juvenile drivers. Teen Driver Mode also comes with a report card feature that records stats, such as:
- How many times each driver-assist feature has been triggered
- Speed warning numbers
- Maximum Speed
- Maximum Miles Driven
Many adventure-ready vehicles are more performance-heavy and less centered on technology. This model combats that by balancing both performance and safety. Overall, the 2023 Chevy Trailblazer offers plenty of no-cost safety features that will keep you, your family, and even your teen drivers safer on the highway.
Adding Adventure to Your Travels
The Trailblazer is clearly a great choice for those who like to add a little adventure to their daily travels. But there’s even more to this model than just power and protection. In addition to performance and safety features, you get wireless phone connectivity, plus Amazon Alexa capability and even wireless device charging. Not to mention the Trailblazer’s stylish two-tone exterior appeal and stylish wheel options.
The best part of it all is that you don’t have to drain your bank account to score a brand-new vehicle when you choose the Trailblazer. Your monthly payment can be low, thanks to a $21,800 base MSRP. Now that you know all of this, are you ready to start balancing your work life with your adventures? Check out the 2023 Chevy Trailblazer today. It’ll get you where you need to go.