Looking at the many different automotive manufacturers available these days, one can only beg the obvious question, “Why should I choose a Chevy dealer near me for my next vehicle purchase?” The many different possible answers to this question lie in the reliability, technology, and safety that Chevy supplies their valuable customers. Auto companies are constantly updating, adding, and supplying new and innovative technology and safety features, as well as trying to create the most reliable vehicle on the road today.
Chevrolet has one of the best-proven track records in supplying cars, trucks, and SUVs that are not only are extremely reliable for their customers but also have some of the most advanced technology features, coupled with some of the highest rated safety features in the entire automotive industry.
Buying a new or used vehicle from a certified Chevrolet dealer is quite possibly on of the best decisions that a consumer seeking a vehicle could make.
The Chevrolet Motors company is a division of GM, or the General Motors company, and was founded by Louis Chevrolet along with GM founder, William C Durant, in November of 1911. Chevrolet became a division of GM in May of 1918.
1919 introduced Chevrolet’s slogan, “A car for every purse and purpose,” and Chevrolet was picked to be the leader in volume for the General Motors family to compete with the Model T by Henry Ford’s company. Chevrolet quickly became the best-selling car in the USA by 1929.
Also in 1919, GM’s division of commercial grade trucks was re-branded under the Chevrolet company name. The manufacturer started building light-duty pickup trucks utilizing the exact same frame that passenger vehicles from Chevrolet were built. Both GM and Chevrolet commercial grade trucks now were interchangeable in both looks as well as parts.
Chevrolet and Ford continued to compete as rivals through the 1920s and into the 30s and 40s.
After Chrysler formed Plymouth, automakers Ford, Chevy, and Plymouth were known as the “low-priced three.”1929 brought Chevrolet’s OHV inline six engine. Nicknamed the “Stove-bolt,” this move gave Chevrolet a huge marketing boost over its closest competitor, Ford. Ford was still offering a four-cylinder and Chevrolet offered their six for a comparable price. In 1933, Chevrolet offered the Standard Six, known as the cheapest six-cylinder in the US.
Chevy introduced the Corvette in 1953 and offered the first fuel injected motor as an option in 1957. By the early 60s, Chevrolet boasted one of the best selling cars in American history. One out of 10 cars sold in the US was a Chevrolet.
Chevrolet has stuck to its design of the small block V8 released in 1955. Although components and materials have been updated and changed since the original, the design has remained relatively the same and is the longest running mass-produced engine in the world.
This amazing engineering spirit has carried Chevrolet thus far, and that same spirit helped the Chevrolet line out of an economic recession between 2007 and 2010. Chevrolet and parent company GM started manufacturing more fuel efficient vehicles, and in 2010 began building the Chevrolet Volt which is a plug-in hybrid. The Volt achieved North American Car of the Year in 2012 as well as many other prestigious awards.
Chevrolet and GM have continued on the green Eco path to marketing for the masses with the 2016 production of the Chevrolet Bolt EV. The Bolt EV is the first mass produced, entirely electric vehicle that offered a range of more than 200 miles on a single charge.
Chevrolet is one of most awarded and admired auto manufacturers of all time. The amount of awards and distinctions that Chevy has received is immense. Just listing the most recent below can give you a small sense of just how appreciated Chevrolet has become.
- Chevy is the only brand to earn a J.D. Power Dependability Award for a car, truck, and an SUV two years in a row
- Chevy was named the “Most Dependable Mid-Sized Sports Car, Large Heavy Duty Pickup, Small Car, and Large SUV.”
- The 2017 Silverado received the J.D. Power Award, “Most Dependable Large Heavy Duty Pickup,” three years in a row.
- 2017 KBB, (Kelly Blue Book) 5-year cost to own award for a regular cab full-size pickup, as well as KBB best resale value for full sized pickup.
- Chevrolet’s 2017 Colorado was named the “Best Compact Truck for the Money” by U.S. News & World Report
- KBB’s “Best 5-year Cost to Own”
- Edmunds’ 2017 Most Wanted Mid-Sized Truck
- Autobytel 2017 Buyer’s Choice Award for Best Small Truck
- The 2017 Chevy Tahoe was named the “Most Dependable Large SUV” by J.D. Power
- KBB named the Tahoe the best 5-year cost to own for a full-size SUV/crossover, one of the 12 best family cars, and the 2016 KBB Best Resale value for a full-size/crossover SUV
- U.S. News and World Report named the Tahoe the “Best Large SUV for Families”
- The 2016 Chevy Traverse was named the “Best Large Car for the Money by the U.S. News & World Report,” as well as a best 5 in the all around performance category by the ASG, (Automotive Science Group.)
- The 2016 Chevy Equinox was named a Top Safety Pick in the Mid-Sized SUV category when equipped with the optional forward collision alert system.
- The 2017 Chevy Trax was rated a 10 Tech-savviest cars under $20K and one of the most fuel efficient SUVs by KBB.
- The 2017 Corvette received a Car and Driver 10 Best award
- Chevrolet’s Camaro was rated the “Most Dependable Midsize Sporty Car” an astonishing 5 years in a row by J.D.Power, and awarded a Car and Driver 10 Best, and the KBB best resale value
- The Impala won the KBB best 5-year cost to own award, the KBB 10 most comfortable Cars under $30K, and the “Best Large Car for the Money” by U.S. News and World Report.
Chevy is Just Getting Warmed Up
These awards are just a glimpse of what the auto manufacturer has achieved thus far. With a legacy spanning more than a century, the accolades of many different major independent agencies, and a brand name that consumers the world over have known to trust, Chevrolet is just getting warmed up.
Chevy has put fourth an enormous effort in the technology field for consumers that purchase their vehicles. Not only that, Chevy has safety features that rate among the best in the industry.
Chevrolet has been around long enough to know what the consumer needs. Cars, trucks, and SUVs that are loaded with comforting features, safety that is top notch, and a sleek sensual look and feel that is second to none.
When considering these facts, it is easy to choose a Chevy dealer near you the next time that you are in need of a new or used vehicle. A vehicle that you and your family could enjoy for years and years to come.