The Sierra is a heavy-duty truck that is built to handle whatever job you need for work or play. It has an available 6.6 GMC exclusive Duramax diesel engine and all-terrain capability that really make it perform at the top of its class. The 2018 GMC Sierra boasts an impressive tow load coming in at a max of 23,300 LBS and offers 445 horsepower that is sure to impress any truck enthusiast when it comes to heavy-duty towing, trailering, and hauling situations. Drivers and passengers will find a great suite of available technology onboard. Advanced technology offers the utmost in safety, capability, performance, connectivity, and navigation to drivers of the 2018 GMC Sierra. This truck has an MSRP of $34,940 and a nice fuel efficiency giving drivers 18 city and 24 miles per gallon.
Features Up Front
Capability features are abound on the 2018 GMC Sierra. A few of the performance and capability features are:
- When it comes time to tow and haul, the 2018 GMC Sierra has you covered with the available dealer-installed accessory system by Echomaster. This system allows drivers to view multiple areas around the truck for prime control and visibility. In fact, the screen located on the center console shows the driver each area simultaneously.
- The 2018 GMC Sierra offers better control and stability than ever before with its unique traction-loss detection system. With Hill Start Assist, drivers can feel more confident and less afraid of rolling back when driving on a grade of 5% or more, and even have more time to shift from the brake to the gas safely.
- The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 brings heavy duty power to drivers from the available Duramax 6.6L V-8 turbo Diesel. The diesel engine provides 445 horsepower and 910 LB-ft of torque. For those who prefer gasoline, the Sierra HD comes standard with the powerful and efficient 360 horsepower Vortec 6.0L V-8.
- The efficient fuel system of the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 is combined with acoustic treated rocker covers that contribute to making this pickup have the quietest idling Duramax diesel engine that has ever been offered in a GMC Sierra.
Exterior design is another highlight of this heavy-duty that is not only for appearance, but also contributes to better performance. Form, style, and function all come together in the 2018 GMC Sierra.
Highlighted design elements include:
- With the majority of the 2018 GMC Sierra constructed from high-quality steel, this vehicle is one of the strongest heavy-duty pickup trucks on the market today. What’s even better about utilizing high-strength steel? It helps to create an even quieter cabin ride.
- Looking for an even more intimidating and powerful exterior? Choose any of the Duramax Diesel models and receive a hood scoop as a standard feature. This will also help your truck achieve its ultimate horsepower by further cooling the air flow. Combine this with the chrome-surrounded grille, and both performance and style are even further improved.
- HD projector-beam headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, and even roof-mounted lamps contribute to the overall design, performance, and safety of the 2018 GMC Sierra.
Interior design doesn’t disappoint on this truck. With upgraded style and comfort, seating is enjoyable even during the longest of rides. Both the driver and passengers can experience heated, ventilated, and perforated leather seats during every excursion. Not to mention the peaceful, quiet ride offered by the sound deadening materials of the cabin.
With an ample amount of storage, including additional space under the seating areas, you can your guests can feel free to bring along whatever you need for day to day activities or a long road trip. The impressive center console also increases this storage space.
For the comfort of the driver, a leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel is an available option as well.
New for The 2018 Model Year
Changes to the GMC Sierra for the 2018 model year are minimum, but still add to performance and design. The eAssist package is now available across the country (this feature was previously only available in California). The Line-up adds two new exterior colors – Deep Mahogany Metallic and Red Quartz Tintcoat. Every new model now has a backup camera and the tire pressure monitoring system now has an audible alert when the tire is full to the recommended level. The base level trim on the 2018 Sierra now comes equipped with a standard 7.0-inch IntelliLink with Apple CarPlay and Android auto.
A few of the new upgrades that people are noticing are:
- 10-way-adjustable power driver’s seat
- Trailer hitch with wiring harness
- Integrated garage-door opener
- Remote vehicle starter
- LED fog lamps
Overall, the 2018 GMC Sierra really is at the top of its heavy-duty class. With great style that adds to performance and capability, drivers will love what the Sierra brings to the road.